[Rhythmbox-devel] Need help in plugin development

Hi,
I'm new in rhythmbox plugin development. I'm trying to write a plugin to change the way rhythmbox search the song when I enter words in search bar. ( i.e : if i put "pop | hip hop", rhythmbox will search for all the entries that have "pop" PLUS all the entries that have "hip hop" ..., and more over.... ) Im wondering if I can do this with python only ? Cause from python I don't know how to connect to a widget in rhythmbox ( search bar is a widget ) , and once it's connected, is it possible to override the searching function of rhythmbox ?
Can you suggest me a way to do that ? Thanks :)

Huy Phan