Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Portable Device Plugins... Options?

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 10:17:03AM -0700, Micah Carrick wrote:
> My girlfriend just bought a Sansa View MP3 player. I can get files
> transfered over just fine using either Usb Mass Storage mode or MTP mode
> in Rhythmbox with the available plugins. However, there is not control
> over where the files are placed.
>
> Ideally there would be some configuration that would allow me to specify
> the folder structure on the target device (Artices/Album/Track - Song)
> and allow me to optionally copy the cover art from
> ~/.gnome2/Rhythmbox/covers/ to the target directory as folder.jpg or
> album_art.jpg.
>
> I dont' see that this is already implemented, am I correct?
>
> I have written plugins for gedit and rhythmbox seems quite similar,
> however, I don't have much time. I'll probably end up writing a simple
> script to copy files over from a playlist file or something since it's
> the quickest thing I can think of. But if anyone knows a better way or a
> quick hack, I'm all ears.

Hi,

I am not sure about the cover art problem, but you may be able to solve the
folder structure problem with a .is_audio_player file. With that you can
specify where the audio folders reside.

http://live.gnome.org/Rhythmbox/FAQ

--
Lee Aylward