[Rhythmbox-devel] importing ipod contents

hi,
first, let me congratulate you for the excellent software you guys have develop. i've been trying to find a replacement for itunes and rhythmbox is the one that gets closer to it.
when i drag files from my ipod to rhythmbox's library, it works well with the exception that information like ratings, play count and last played date are lost. That is really estrange, since rhytmbox displays that information correctly when i connect my ipod to my notebook.
you can imagine how annoying is that, when you try to download all your music colletion into your library.
I'm I doing this incorrecly, or is there any way/plugin to correct this behavior?
thank you
p.s. appart from that, the only thing that is missing is that rhythmbox is not reading my ipod's smart playlists.