[Rhythmbox-devel] sharing RBs-databse on Gutsy

Hi there,

Q: is there a way to share RB-database on a local system?

The 'watchdog' (adding new files automatically to RB-database) isn't
working for me, because it freezes every time I trying to use. My
Music-Libary contains ~40k mp3 files, more or less pretty good tagged.
The manual scan is performing very well. OK, some Gstreamer errors, but
that's that OK, char-set problem I guess.

All files are hosted with most current Samba on a separate Gutsy-desktop
in my LAN. All PCs having Gigabit-Network, the speed over all is about
to 14MB/sec.

I am adding new music to RB-database now manually, means I am starting
to scan Music-Storage manually once I putting new stuff in there. It's
sometimes a bit irritating, but I can live with it. Using DDAP is
helpful here, it hinders me to feed our iPods.

However, now I am ready to move rest of family to Linux. Because of
above mentioned freeze I want to share RBs database to all users on
Main-PC, like I did with iTunes (changing MyMusic-Folder for all users
to an shared folder). And that's why I am asking here for some hints.

My Linux skills are 'advanced' basic rather than pretty good. But I am
willing to learn. I'd appreciate if anyone who is going to answer could
keep this in mind. ;)

Thank you for your work and keep going on. I've been using RB since I
moved myself to Linux about 4 months ago. I am missing nothing, actually
iTMS sometimes.
--
kind regards

Ruediger