Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Feature request; close to tray

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 4:53 PM, enaut <enaut w googlemail com> wrote:
> mhm there is a variable in the gconf "state->visible". but that refers
> only to the state when launching. and is overwritten as soon as you
> change the state of the Player eg. maximize. But that functionality
> should be easy to implement without adding too much comlexity to the player.
My bad - you're right, it's not a preference, it does the same thing
as clicking on the tray icon.  On my computer, the behaviour is
(assuming the main window is open to start):
- click the tray icon, window disappears
- click the tray icon again, window appears
- maximize window, window maximizes
- click the tray icon, window disappears
- click the tray icon again, window appears in a maximized state
This seems reasonable, although it the right click->show music player
box might be a little redundant.

> ever tried Amarok? or banshee? on the Linux side. and i'm sure
> foobar2000 does on the Windows side.

Hmm, I didn't realize it was a normal thing for music players to do.
Come to think of it, it might be a bit confusing that hovering over
the "x" in Rhythmbox brings up a "Close Window" tooltip, when it
performs the same function as Music->Quit instead of Music->Close.