Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] mouse middle-click to queue

I'd be keen to give it a go. I am a noob to coding but i'd like to learn. I've looked at the plugin writing guide and a few python plugins and used dir() a fair bit, but i dont really understand how i would connect to click events in the library view.

Here's my guess at how the plugin would look(?):

import rb

class EasyQueuePlugin (rb.Plugin):
   def __init__(self):
       rb.Plugin.__init__(self)

   def activate(self, shell):
       self.shell = shell
      #shell.props.library_source.connect("some signal" onclick)

   def deactivate(self, shell):
       del self.shell

   def onclick(self, *args):
      #if is middle-click event,
          #get middle clicked entry uri
           #shell.add_to_queue("entry uri")
Anyways, I'll keep trawling the net. Thanks in advance for any advice or directions to look.

Regards,
Matthew

Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
Or maybe a mouse gesture?  Adding the middle button shouldn't be too
hard to do.  Could be done as a plugin I imagine.

sri