[Rhythmbox-devel] error when trying to install rhythmbox 0.11.6 locally: `libiradio.la' can't be put into local directory

I try to build rhythmbox 0.11.6 from source and install it in my home-directory on a Ubuntu 8.04
machine.

After running the autogen-script with:

./autogen.sh --prefix=$HOME/gnome-svn/rhythmbox --disable-scrollkeeper --disable-fm-radio

the following 'make' completes successfully. But trying to install with 'make install' gives the
following error:

 /bin/bash ../../libtool   --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c  'libiradio.la'
'/home/alexander/gnome-svn/rhythmbox/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/iradio/libiradio.la'
libtool: install: error: cannot install `libiradio.la' to a directory not ending in
/usr/local/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/iradio

I tried to disable internet radio with the '--disable-fm-radio' option given to autogen.sh, but
obviously without success. Are there other possibilities to avoid the need for the specific file? Or
how else to work around this problem?

Thanks in advance

Alex

P.S. 'configure' invoked by 'autogen.sh' doesn't check for 'soup.h', so I ran into an error during
compilation saying that this header is missing. Is this worth a bug-report? Or should I forget about it?