Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox UI mockup

Hi,

Great!

Here are my two cents:

On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 00:24 +0100, John McHugh wrote:
> Got bored, remembered discussion about the progress bar so created a
> mockup of what rhythmbox would look like if the progress bar was
> relocated.

Looks good. I would perhaps have rounded corners. Perhaps (plugin / ui /
additional ) buttons not related to play/pause/next etc. could be placed
after or before the volume?

Make another "module" below the progress bar(/module) with search/
(all/artists/albums/titles)/toggle browser.

Align "Library |>" and the "treeview"/browser/track listing.

> Other changes included a full frame around the album art(The frame
> currently doesn't cover the top), and the categories integrate better
> with the theme(right now they stay grey regardless of the theme).

I like it :)

> As for the progress bar debate, I don't really know where I stand
> because I can see problems with both ui's. The current one increases
> screen real estate for the playback which increases precision at the
> cost of loosing screen real estate for the library itself.
>
> Moving the progress bar into the toolbar would increase the screen
> real estate for the music library at the cost of loosing precision.
>
> In the mockup I have completely removed the currently playing artist
> info (song-artist-album). The reason I removed this was because I felt
> it was wasting screen real estate when 2 out of 3 are already
> displayed in the window decoration.
> Currently the artist and song are displayed in the window decoration
> but if the album was also displayed you could gain a considerable
> amount of space in rhythmbox itself regardless of whether the progress
> bar is moved or not.

With my "module" / toolbar(s) solution, a button to toggle
artist/album/etc could be added before or after "volume"-button.

> The mockup can be viewed here -
> http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rhythmboxmockup4ln0.png

( Despite being rubbish in GIMP, I could try to mock this idea, if that
is necessary/ my explanation causes confution. )

Regards,
Mats