Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox interacts lethally with coda filesystem

Le jeudi 21 février 2008 à 08:55 +1000, Jonathan Matthew a écrit :
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 7:20 AM, <shivers ccs neu edu> wrote:

[snip]
> > If I have rhythmbox running, as soon at I start up coda, it greys out, puts
>
> What does "greys out" mean?

probably that the application became unresponsive. That's what happens
with ${SHINY_3D_COMPOSITOR} (compiz, ...)

[snip]
> Probably because it looks like an ipod, or some other digital audio
> player device.
> >
> > To discard some possibilities for the lossage:
> > - that I have *no* plugins turned on.
>
> Unless you've gone through gconf and disabled everything under
> /apps/rhythmbox/plugins/, you still have some plugins enabled. In
> particular, the generic audio player plugin, which is probably
> deciding that your coda filesystem looks like a device it supports.
> Running 'rhythmbox -D generic' in a terminal might provide some useful
> information.

unless you have a .is_media_player at the root of your coda mount, I
don't see why rhythmbox would scan it (but I didn't read the code so
don't take my word for it).

--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <gilles dartiguelongue esiee org>