Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] question: i moved my music library folder but them all my points or stars for my songs disappeared.

Hi All,
  I wasn't thinking so much of a plugin for moving the library, or a
way for RB to manage my files for me.  I do a lot of file management
of my music with other tools.  Some files get deleted, some get moved,
and some get renamed.  I was thinking that it would be nice if RB was
smart enough to realize when a newly found file was just an older
missing file with a new name.

  That would cover people who want to move their precious library to a
different machine/filestructure/filesystem by hand.

  But, if a plugin is written to manage the files for the user, then
it might be a good for RB to have some kind of checksum of each file,
so it can verify that the move was completely successful before rm'ing
the source file.  There was a thread earlier talking about how
valuable people's library is.  It might slow the move process down a
little, but I think it'd be worth it.

My 0.2c
-M