Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Feature suggestion: Random playback in the scope of albums

* Jason Bodnar (jason shakabuku org) wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 11:15:50 +0200, Jan Rathmann wrote
> > I also have already made up my mind about how this feature could be
> > integrated in the GUI of Rhythmbox. In Amarok it is solved the way
> > that there is a small icon in the lower window corner which toggles
> > the current play mode between "normal" "random (song scope)" and
> > "random
> > (album scope)" when you click on it. This fits well to the user
> > interface of Amarok, but I am not sure if it would also fit to the
> > one of Rhythmbox. Maybe it could be solved by adding a additional
> > button next to the one that is already there to enable random
> > playback, called "Play albums in random order" (or something like
> > this). If this button is clicked, then the random-button for songs
> > would automatically be "unpressed" if random song playback was
> > enabled (and vice versa).
>
> What if the current random button triggered a drop down list with the
> different types of random playback? For now, it would be two but I'm sure
> other people might like to add some in the future.

Hmm yet another variation on Random!   There's already the algorithm
of randomness that is chosen (by gconf or combinations of buttons);
but I guess this is the granularity of randomness which is orthogonal
to the algorithm used for choosing among the set.

Dave
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert    | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy  \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | MIPS,x86,ARM,SPARC,PPC & HPPA | In Hex /