Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] rhythmbox-devel Digest, Vol 41, Issue 27

Hi

On 9/27/07, tomás pollak <tomaspollak gmail com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > > Umm, +1 on that. Actually, I have a Logitech-mouse with what they call a "tilt
> > > wheel", where you can tilt the mouse wheel to the left or right, triggering
> > > an event (Mouse Btn 7 or 8 or something like that). I'd love to be able to
> > > control the volume by scrolling and the title by tilting on the tray icon.
> > > Does that sound in any way feasible?
> > >

> > -1 If I can say something :-). So specialized behavior doesn't sound
> > like "good UI".
> >

> Ok, so the problem is not about adding the feature, but only UI
> related. ¿Would it really clutter the options panel to add this one
> combobox/checkbox?

Just to talk about my point, what I think is that making a UI feature
based on such specialized hardware is what "doesn't sound like good
UI".

> Another solution would be assigning a mouse button to song changing in
> the systray icon. ¿Middle mouse button skips track?

Which is already assigned to pause/play?
I think that the actual behavior is very useful. But maybe I'm wrong.
I helped a friend with Zero C skills to make that HIS Rhythmbox do
that, if you really want it isn't that hard to make a 1 or 2 lines
patch before typing make.

Regards,

--
Edgar A. Luna