[Rhythmbox-devel] python plugins

I am just starting with plugin development and I want to override how
rhythmbox copies files from the ipod to the library. I would like it to
ask which directory to put the files in first.  Is this better for a
feature request of the ipod plugin?

Also maybe a bit easier would be some guidance on where to start so I
can filter based on modified time just like you can for artist/album
etc.. if it's even possible, because I believe everything gets put into
a database.  Any help would be great.

Thanks,

-Lee