Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] controlling format/bitrate of transcode to mobile devices

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 14:32 -0700, Jeff Stockett wrote:
> I'm using ubuntu gutsy latest - and I have a nokia 770 tablet that I
> like to copy music too (this device automounts as USB storage when
> connected).  My main music library is all FLAC - and under the
> previous release (on Feisty) when I drag and dropped albums on the
> device, it transcoded to mp3.  Now, in Gutsy, it seems to transcode to
> mpa/aac.
>
> There doesn't appear to be a way in the gui or the gconf-editor to
> set/change the transcode format.  Is there an undocumented way to do
> it, or am I SOL?  The 770's music player doesn't currently support MPA
> I'm afraid.

Hi,

With a sufficiently up to date Rhythmbox, you should be able to override
this with an .is_audio_player file.

See http://banshee-project.org/Guide/DAPs/MassStorageDevices for the
details.

In the long run, you should probably file a bug with HAL so it can be
fixed.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson