[Rhythmbox-devel] controlling format/bitrate of transcode to mobile devices

I'm using ubuntu gutsy latest - and I have a nokia 770 tablet that I like to copy music too (this device automounts as USB storage when connected).  My main music library is all FLAC - and under the previous release (on Feisty) when I drag and dropped albums on the device, it transcoded to mp3.  Now, in Gutsy, it seems to transcode to mpa/aac.

There doesn't appear to be a way in the gui or the gconf-editor to set/change the transcode format.  Is there an undocumented way to do it, or am I SOL?  The 770's music player doesn't currently support MPA I'm afraid.