[Rhythmbox-devel] Metadata problems... ID3 V2.4

Hi All:

This problem is related to rhythmbox metadata engine in general I think,
as it is present in versions 0.10, 0.10.1 and 0.11 as I have been able
to test.

The problem is:

Yesterday I was playing with tagging my songs and stumbled upon "mid3v2"
program, part of mutagen wich I have installed version 1.11. This
program saves tags in ID3 V2.4 so I decided it would be a good idea to
convert the tags of all my songs to this version. I did so, and what is
my surprise when I find out that rhythmbox (0.11 at that moment) has
reparsed metadata for all my songs and it displays now "Unknown" in all
fields!!!

I thought it was a tag version error, but AFAIK rhythmbox handles tags
in V2.4 without problem. So I inspected again files with mid3v2 and all
had their tags correct.

As a way of testing I used the program "test-metadata" from sourcetree
folder "metadata" on my files and it showed tags for some files and for
others not, and on successive runs it showed them for different files.
This same behaviour I found with test-metadata from 0.10 and 0.10.1 and
also while running rhythmbox and re-importing my songs, some tagged,
some untagged, without regard to anything.

But, I noticed also that if I imported them one by one tags were read
correctly.

So WHAT'S UP WITH RHYTHMBOX METADATA ENGINE AND ID3 V2.4???

Hope you can help me.

Cheers.

--
Sirio Bola� M�co.