Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Feature Recommendation : Export Playlist Content

On Sun, 2007-27-05 at 08:34 +0930, ABT Nospam wrote:
> Hi,
> I love RhythmBox.   It's dynamic playlists are such a wonderful
> feature for organising music.
> An extension to playlists that would be useful is the ability to
> export the contents of a playlist.  The idea being that
> a) I could make a CD/DVD (with mp3s/flac/etc) for my car from any
> playlist
> b) I could backup my favourite songs to save space (ie. by not backing
> up the songs that aren't my favourite)
>
> I would use this feature to produce different CDs (or DVDs) for my
> car.  For example, my wife likes her instrumental music.  I would
> export the contents of her playlist to a specified destination
> directory, then burn that directory to a CD/DVD.

An easy way to do this is to just drag the tracks to a folder (this will
copy them. If you want to move them, then this won't work). Then you can
just burn the folder to CD the usual way.

--
Adam Zimmerman <adam_zimmerman sfu ca>

CREATIVITY  - http://mirrors.creativecommons.org/movingimages/Building_on_the_Past.mpg
ALWAYS      - http://www.musiccreators.ca/