[Rhythmbox-devel] Creative Commons + Rhythmbox = Heaven

Hey all,

I come to you from the land of Inkscape and Open Clip Art Library as an
OSS developer. However, I'm coming to this list from Creative Commons,
where I work as developer (engineer + business + community) and am
curious about a couple of things.

Has anyone hacked on adding support for Creative Commons fields into
rhythmbox, so that licensing can be extracted from the id3 tags in
Rhythmbox?

Also, has anyone added fields to the app to read the CC license from
magnatune and jamendo?

One last thing, I'm working on pulling together recommendations for best
approach for services like magnatune and jamendo to be accessible to
applications like Rhythmbox.

I'm curious if you have some abstract mechanism for dealing with these
sites that we could recommend as a way to get open content from sites.

I'm working on this, and would love to band together with you all on the
best approach so we can see Open Content everywhere on the desktop, and
so anyone can type in a url and get another service like magnatune or
jamendo added to the left-sidebar easily.

Anyway, I look forward to working together with you all on seeing CC
support and these other things get implemented.

Cheers!

Jon

--
Jon Phillips