Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] BaconVolume widget (volume button)

I also think it's a very usable widget. Though maybe a good addition
would be to make it automatically pop out after some time.
Anyway I wish we add something as usable and compact for the time slider widget.

cheers
Christophe

On 5/21/07, Alex Jones <alex weej com> wrote:
It's easier to use than a normal slider. You only have to click and drag
anywhere in the target area, without having to track the actual handle.

On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 09:38 +0200, Martin Jeppesen wrote:
> > It doesn't change appearance, it pops up (like the combo boxes do, for
> > example).
>
> That is what I meant. It changes from a button to a slider.
>
> > Did you try it? It's small, shows the volume status in the blink of an
> > eye, allows changing the volume in one-click, handles scroll events, and
> > has a11y support.
>
> Yes, I use it every day in the Gnome Panel =)
>
> > I like it, obviously, and a number of other programs seem to as well.
>
> Yes, I am a bit puzzled about that. On small screens it is clearly a
> stroke of brilliance to have a widget like it. But on >800x600 I just
> don't see the need for it.
Alex Jones
http://alex.weej.com/