Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Gapless/crossfade playback in svn trunk

On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 17:01 +0200, Christophe Dehais wrote:
> Something questions me however, why is this designed as a separate
> gstreamer backend instead of extending the current one ?
> Is it meant to replace the default backend when it reaches
> feature/stability parity w.r.t. current backend ?

Trying to extend the current one would mean that most things become "if
(xfade) {xfade code} else {old code}", as there isn't a huge amount of
code overlap between the two.

>From memory, the cross-fading backing had feature-parity with the
current backing, but there are several know bugs and stability issues.
Once it stabilises, it's probably worth replacing the current one.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"I run Linux on pretty much everything except the microwave and washing
machine. Those are tempting targets but would probably make Tesla