[Rhythmbox-devel] adding songs to the queue in python

Hi all,

I'd like to write a small plugin that fills the play queue with some
random tracks. There's a method called shell.add_to_queue, but when I
call it with a URI nothing happens (it just returns true). Is there a
better way to do that, like getting a reference to the queue, and adding
entries directly to it?

Once I've got that done, what would be the best way of choosing tracks
to add? I suppose I'd have to get a list of songs that were in the
library source (using a query on the db?) and pick a random track from
those.

I'm still finding it difficult to fully understand the way rhythmbox
works (haven't had to think about it since the summer either), and any
help would be much appreciated.

--
Adam Zimmerman <adam_zimmerman sfu ca>

CREATIVITY  - http://mirrors.creativecommons.org/movingimages/Building_on_the_Past.mpg