Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Keywords (aka categories or tags) in Rhythmbox

On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 00:01 +1100, James "Doc" Livingston wrote:
> Recently I did most of the backend work required to support Keywords (or
> category, or "web 2.0"-style tags" in Rhythmbox - which can be found
> attached to bug 324540. Using this you can have tracks marked as "jazz",
> "bloody awesome", "copy to my ipod" or "I should delete this track", and
> use the presence (or non-presence) of keywords as criteria for automatic
> playlists. In the future we'll probably be able to tag artists and
> albums too.

I've committed the RhythmDB changes for keywords to SVN trunk, which
means that we can now implement stuff using it. However there is no UI
bits yet, since that requires more work to be done on it.

What does this mean? Plugins can use it to store flags for things like
"podcast disabled" or "copy to my mp3 player when it's next plugged in",
and core things can use it for "have 'is in playlist' as a criteria.

I have some plans to use this for those kind of things, but if anyone
was interesting in using it for anything, feel free to ask about it.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.