Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox doesn't download 302 temporarily moved podcasts

A> On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 11:00:56AM +0100, Kim A. Brandt wrote:
>> Hello,

>> I don't know if this has been reported, please let me know if so!

Yep, it has been reported (see below).

>> Rhythmbox does not download temporarily moved podcasts when they
>> have been '302 Found' (temporarily under a different URI).
>>
>> The right way to handle 302 responds would be to try the new
>> address instead [1].

It does try the new address, but not if the redirect itself contains
double-slashes because the gnome-vfs bug (below).

A> Maybe this is the sort of thing that'd be dealt with by a
A> gnome-wide download API / program / etc.  It's been talked about a
A> few times on the epiphany list and I belive gnome-d-devel.

It is a GNOME-wide issue: the problem is actually in gnome-vfs, it
doesn't currently handle double-slashes properly (it collapses them),
and it hasn't yet been fixed:

http://bugs.gnome.org/322985

Here's the consequence of this in rhythmbox:

http://bugs.gnome.org/416352

(e.g. episodes on the feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/1up/podcast
have the "302" problem which is caused the gnome-vfs bug)

Alex