Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] missing album cover artwork

On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 21:17 +0100, Jakub Steiner wrote:
> Attached is the 'missing album art' image, that was originally derived
> from the tango icon theme's CD. Some speculated[1] that CC-BY-SA
> licensed artwork cannot be distributed along with a GPLed program.
>
> The attached version uses the CD from the gnome icon theme which is GPL.

I've committed that image to SVN (trunk and stable), thanks.

I've never quite figured out how the licencing of code and data files
interact, particularly since the distinction often isn't that clear.
It's better to be safe and use stuff that has a definitely compatible
licence.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention,
with the possible exceptions of handguns and Tequilla.