Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Generating Stack Traces

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 12:10 -0300, Luís Guilherme Fernandes Pereira
wrote:
> I am a rhythmbox + debian user, and I try to help you at the bugzilla.
> I recently switched to 0.11, and I have submitted a bug without traces
> (since I used deb packages, and now I have compiled).
>
> The traces bugbuddy makes are simply debug information gathered when
> compiled with -g, or do I have to set other flags at compile time?

The Rhythmbox package in Debian have a separate package with debug
symbols, called rhythmbox-dbg.

If you're building your own packages, you should have no trouble using
the same method to generate your own -dbg package.

There's also instructions for building packages without stripping the
debug symbols here,
http://wiki.debian.org/?HowToGetABacktrace

--
Cheers,