[Rhythmbox-devel] Crashes

I've recently moved from FC5 to Feisty.

I have always used the KDE desktop but my favourite music player has always
been Rhythmbox. Unfortunately it crashes out when I try to play tracks on
Feisty. Others are having the same problem. Please see
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=459383&highlight=rhythmbox

I just ran it as suggested in the above thread from a shell, and got the
following:-
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 167
  Major opcode:  144
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 167
  Major opcode:  144
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
/bin/sh: /usr/bin/esd: not found
/bin/sh: /usr/bin/esd: not found

Then I tried to play tracks and got this:-
(rhythmbox:5997): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: Couldn't find an x overlay
/bin/sh: /usr/bin/esd: not found
/bin/sh: /usr/bin/esd: not found

(rhythmbox:5997): libgnomevfs-WARNING **: Cannot load module
`/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/libhttp.so'
(/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/libhttp.so: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory)

(rhythmbox:5997): libgnomevfs-WARNING **: Cannot load module
`/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/libhttp.so'
(/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/libhttp.so: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/artdisplay/LocalCoverArtSearch.py", line
44, in _load_dir_cb
    on_search_completed_cb (self, entry, results, *args)
  File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/rb/Coroutine.py", line 53, in callback
    self._resume ()
  File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/rb/Coroutine.py", line 40, in _resume
    self._continuation.next ()
  File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/artdisplay/CoverArtDatabase.py", line 148,
in image_search
    engine.search (db, entry, plexer.send ())
  File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/artdisplay/AmazonCoverArtSearch.py", line
122, in search
    self.search_next ();
  File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/artdisplay/AmazonCoverArtSearch.py", line
152, in search_next
    self.loader.get_url (url, self.on_search_response)
  File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/rb/Loader.py", line 54, in get_url
    gnomevfs.async.open (url, self.open_cb, data=("", callback, args))
TypeError: Cannot build a gnomevfs.URI
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

which looks not good. These are the same files that used to play just fine
with FC5.

Hope you can sort this out.

Regards,

Dave Fletcher

--

FACT - Millions of people worldwide continue to pay money to the richest
person in the world to use his products, even though perfectly good software

Registered Linux user number 393408

http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/init?k_id=6389763