Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Manually rescan library?

On 1/18/07, Jeff Rousseau <drzaiusx11 gmail com> wrote:
I noticed something similar to this last night on my friend's ubuntu
machine (running whatever version of RB an up-to-date "edgy" ships).
I scp'd some music over to her machine into her RB's watched music
directory and half the music had import errors (but not all!). The
connection between our machines was really slow, so I'm guessing RB
was trying to get all the metadata out when it wasn't all there on
some of the files. Playing those scp'd files in xmms works fine. Also,
those files that had import errors never were imported into the RB DB
even after fully downloaded (and waited a few hours).

What do you think the expected behavior should be? Re-check imported
files that failed a few times?

I think in that case, the only thing to do is to restart Rhythmbox.
AFAIK, it won't forget about the ones you imported (even if there are
errors) and it will recheck them. Aside from that, I don't think
there's a way to manually check the library other than re-importing
the entire music directory. (This is something also needed for music
served over an NFS share, as watching the directory will crash RB.)