Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Add a field in the DB / Jamendo cover art

On mer, 2007-01-17 at 22:49 +0000, Peter wrote:
> Guillaume Desmottes wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As suggested on #397010, I'm writing an extension for the art cover
> > plugin to use Jamendo's cover.
>
> Are you talking about when streaming Jamendo tracks, like an internet
> radio station?  I which case, why do you need to store anything in the
> database?
>
> Or, are you talking about downloading entire albums from Jamendo?  I
> have tried this using bit-torrent, and they include a cover image.  Its
> the only jpeg file, plus the filename is predictable from the album name.

The plugin does the same than the Magnatune one. It add a new browser
source containing all the tracks available on Jamendo.
So for each track I fill most important fields in the DB (track name,
album name, artist name, ...).

In the cover plugin, I got the current entry and have to find its cover.
A really easy method would be to return this url:
http://www.jamendo.com/get/album/id/album/artworkurl/redirect/<albumID>/?artwork_size=200
To do that I need to get the Jamendo album id of the track and so I'd
like to store it in the DB.

Or maybe you'd see a easier way to get this id without store it in the
DB?

thanks

--
Guillaume Desmottes <cass skynet be>