Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Feedback on album cover support

On 2/14/07, Peter <rhythmbox-devel maubp freeserve co uk> wrote:
William Jon McCann wrote:

While the idea of having the album art next to the information about the
current track is logical, I personally prefer the current "iTunes like"
location in the bottom left of the screen as part of the side panel.

With the current implementation (bottom left), the width of the side
panel (which the user can adjust) determines the size of the cover art.

The main reason I like the current behaviour is that it lets me have a
nice big image in an otherwise empty part of the screen (I usually have
RB maximized, or minimised to the tray).

The proposed change in bug 407866 appears to result in a small image of
fixed size.

I agree here, and displaying the full-size image when clicking or
hovering the thumbnail would not really replace the current
functionnality.
However, how it's done now  feels much like a hacky trick in the UI
(why should I need to enlarge the source list and the queue to enlarge
the album art ? let alone the resizing problems this generates)

Given this idea seems popular, how easy would it be to make the location
of the cover art an option of the art display plugin?

I think this may be time for a whole rethinkiing of  the "now playing"
information and how to display then nicely: song title, starring,
progress bar, cover art, lyrics ... My opinion is that they should all
be accessible in a unique (surely a little bigger) upper pane.

Christophe