Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Feature Requests

AF> Hi!  I have not tried programming with GTK2 or Gnome, besides I am
AF> too busy with school to even consider trying.

AF> I still want to suggest 3 features:

AF> 1) Alarm clock to start music at a specified time.  In Amarok (the
AF> KDE music player application), there is a plug-in script that
AF> handles this.  The plug-in lists every day of the week so you can
AF> set different alarm times for each day.

Check out the plugin at:

http://bugs.gnome.org/323511

and:

http://fabien.carrion.free.fr/Rhythmbox.html

AF> 2) Integrate the song lyrics pop-up into the
AF> left panel or create another panel for it, but a window pop-up is
AF> annoying for some people (namely me :-D)

Right-click on a track (whether playing or not), and select
properties, you'll see a Lyrics tab.  You don't need to use the window
pop-up at all.

AF> 3) Least important of the others: get suggestions from Last.fm
AF> based on the music in your library - even if you don't have it.
AF> Maybe try to get Last.fm to integrate into Rhythmbox so people can
AF> preview songs (and so that you don't have to do all of the work).

Somebody just developed the "lastrhythm" plugin for this:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/rhythmbox-devel/2007-February/msg00055.html
and:

http://usrportage.de/archives/763-the-last-rhythm-for-me.html

Eventually the alarm clock and lastrhythm may be integrated into the
official distribution, but they need to be downloaded separately for
now.

Alex