Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] How to hack rhythmbox 0.9.6 to start in fullscreen

    8<-------Snip------>8
> Can anyone help? Can we just copy the key over from a dapper box? (we
> are going to try this but are doubtful) Is there some other way to hack
> rb to startup in fullscreen?

The fullscreen gconf option did go away, a couple of versions back.

There are several options of how to do it, one of the simplest would be
to use Devils Pie (http://www.burtonini.com/blog/computers/devilspie),
which can be scripted to do just about anything to any window of any
program.

The configuration required to make Rhythmbox be fullscreen would be
something like the following:

(if
    (matches (application_name) "Rhythmbox")
    (fullscreen)
)

> P.S. One more thing. We edited an XML file to get rid of the Music Edit
> View etc. menus at the top, which we don't want users to touch. We
> haven't figured out how to get rid of Playqueue, Library, Radio and
> Podcasts on the left-hand side while still displaying album art. Any
> hints? We just want to display the local music library, nothing else is
> of use to this project and is just a distraction for the users.

Setting the gconf key /apps/rhythmbox/ui/sourcelist_hidden to True will
do that. If they can't access the menus the users can't re-enable it.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
>> Is "wrongest" an actual word?
> It's a perfectly cromulent word.
Which, when used, embiggens us all.
    -- Jeff Ramsey, Steed and D. Joseph Creighton in asr