Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Problems with current SVN

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 12:47:17AM +0100, Christophe Dehais wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I encouter 2 problems with the current SVN version, compiled with
> --enable-uninstalled-build:
> 1) I can't play any song from my remote DAAP share: all produce the
> red icon with error like on the terminal:
>
> (rhythmbox:19778): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: Unhandled error: unknow playing error
>

> the debug log shows things like:
>
> (00:48:37) [0x80ef030] [rb_shell_player_get_playing_song_duration]
> rb-shell-player.c:2721: Did not get playing entry : return -1 as
> length

This sounds like a bug I fixed in svn revision 4760, about a week ago.
If you're sure your svn checkout is up to date, or you're not using libsoup
2.2.99 or newer, then it's obviously something else, though..

> 2) I use a custom gstreamer pipeline for output (because I have 2
> sound card, so I need to tee the signal to each one) and  SVN version
> doesn't seem to take it into account (only one card outputs sound, as
> if only a default alsasink was used)

At some point, the gconf keys changed a bit.  The pipeline is read from
/system/gstreamer/0.10/default/musicaudiosink now.  I'm not sure if this
change is reflected in the gstreamer-properties UI, though.