Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox vs. Quod Libet

> I've been using quodlibet for a while and I like it but there are some
> bugs tripping me up and the project seems to be dead.  I tried to
> subscribe to their mailing list about 6 months ago and haven't gotten
> a reply.  I've been searching all around for a good music player and I
> really like rhythmbox.  I'm using 0.11.2 and I'm having a little
> trouble with tagwriting, but I'm sure that will be straightened out.
> I can't think of anything else I'd change except:
>
> 1. Any plans for a preview of each album's cover art in the album
> list?  That's what I miss the most from quodlibet.

Anybody here every collect records?  Flipping through the covers is a
good time.  That's the kind of experience I'm after here.

> 2. Jump to playing song doesn't seem to work.

This actually seems to work if the song is listed in the track
listing.  Any way to jump if it isn't listed in there?

> 3. Is there a way to have the automatic cover art search save to
> cover.jpg in the album's folder?  This may end up becoming obsolete
> since picard seems to have preliminary cover art saving support,
> although it doesn't work at all for me currently.  Will rhythmbox
> support tag-embedded cover art images?

Basically trying to come up with a good cover management system.

> 4. What do the Library Structure settings in the preferences affect?
>
> Solid software guys, nice work.
>
> - Grant

5. I'd also like to be able to get rid of the systray (or whatever
it's called) icon.

- Grant