Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Command line arguments to start automatic playlist

On Friday, 31 August 2007, Peter wrote:
> There doesn't seem to be such a feature documented if I try this at the
> command line:
>
> rhythmbox --help-all

afaik, you would be better off, using the rhythmbox-client console program to
control a running instance of RB. The output of "rhythmbox-client --help"
contains an option to play a specific URI, but I don't know if there exists a
format or what the format of an RB playlist URI would be. maybe a dev can
comment on that?!

> There is an option for a playlist file (i.e. --playlists-file) but I
> don't think that is what I want.

That would specify an XML file containing RB's playlists, wouldn't start
playback of any playlist at all.

Good luck,
7<arsten

--