Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] How hard is it to get attention from RB developers?

On 23/08/07, Jonathan Matthew <jonathan kaolin wh9 net> wrote:

> I understand that it's frustrating, and I'm sorry for my part in that.

I believe, the biggest problem that may happen is that frustrated
people tend to keep great ideas or even nice code to themselves and
use it for themselves exclusively without sharing it because they feel
that their contribution is not wanted.

> - working on new features
> - fixing existing bugs
> - reviewing other people's patches
> - processing the hundreds of crash report bugs
>
> As it happens, they're listed more or less in order of how much fun I
> find them to be.  One problem is that the last one gets in the way of
> the middle two.

Yes, totally understand that. Especially if many of the crash reports
don't contain useful information, this is just as frustrating for the
developer.
Let's hope that the first points become more dominant with the
maturing of the application.

Riggs