[Rhythmbox-devel] How hard is it to get attention from RB developers?

Good day,

I just wondered how long it usually takes between submitting a
bugzilla report (including a fix for the problem) and a developer
looking at it?

This is not intended to piss anyone off or to start a flame war. I
know how busy developers are. It is just that, as far as I understand
projects like this, contribution is a good thing, isn't it? And if you
are literally waiting for months until (or if at all) someone with
commit privileges chooses to talk to you about your patches, it's not
easy to stay motivated in getting your code upstream.
Or is there a different objective? Are we supposed to develop plugins
but not touch the existing code base at all?

TIA,
Riggs