Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] select custom alsa pcm device?

Rhythmbox uses gconfaudiosink with the "music and movies" profile, which
is defined in GConf under /system/gstreamer/0.10/default/musicaudiosink

You can choose a device for this via gnome-sound-properties, or you can
add your own custom pipeline instead by editing that key manually.

Set it to "alsasink device=virtualsurround51" if you want, but Totem
(and any other app using the "music and movies" profile) will use this
profile, too.

If you absolutely need a custom pipeline setting for Rhythmbox
specifically, we don't have that currently, but it can be considered.