[Rhythmbox-devel] Really annoying crackling sound on a MBP

Hello everyone,

has anyone used Rhythmbox on a Macbook Pro? I bought one a couple of
months ago and, after a lot of tweaking in order to get the sound
working, I found out that music (specially loud music) in Rhythmbox
sounds terrible, with a huge amount of cracks and pops. It's really
unusable.

The weird thing is that other players don't seem to have this problem.
For instance, if I play the same song in Audacious, with loud volume,
it sounds correctly, without any "buggy sounds" as it does in
Rhythmbox.

Does this have to do with ALSA? Does this have to do with audio
normalizing? With PulseAudio? Has anyone had the same issue?

Thanks everyone.

Regards,
Tomas

--