Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Video?

First, apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but well, it hasn't
been brought up since.

On Sat, 2006-08-19 at 17:29 -0700, Alex Lancaster wrote:

> AT> Rhythmbox won't play back any music vides from my shared iTunes
> AT> library, nor will it play (the video in) video podcasts. Are you
> AT> expecting to support video (even via a third-party player such as
> AT> xine) in the near future? It would even be perfectly acceptable
> AT> for Rhytmbox to go "oh wait, this is a video file, so I'll tell
> AT> Xine to open it instead.
>
> See the recent mailing list thread:
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/rhythmbox-devel/2006-July/thread.html#00046
>
> In particular James Livingston's post:
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/rhythmbox-devel/2006-July/msg00048.html
>
> Consensus is, if it could be integrated in a sensible way from a user
> point of view, it could be done as a plugin.

If the Cover Art and Visualization plugins were reworked so the cover
art area could be (one of the) places for the visualization, and the
visualization plugin were modified so it handled the video stream, this
would be a pretty simple (from a user perspective) way to present videos
that gstreamer can handle.

--
Michael R. Head <burner suppressingfire org>
http://www.suppressingfire.org/~burner/