Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] iTunes 7 released

On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 10:10 -0400, Matthew Nicholson wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 15:48 +0200, Baptiste Mille-Mathias wrote:
> > On 9/13/06, Martin Jeppesen <d2xdt2 gmail com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > iTunes 7 was released today.

> > > like buttons for selecting browser view.
> > >
> > > http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/59/Itunes-700-mac.png
> >
> > Is the aim of Rhythmbox just to micmic the iTunes interface and
> > features, and update the goals for each major changes ?
> >
> I don't think that was ever the goal. I think the goal was to provide a

Actually, it was the original goal :)
Not anymore though. The featuritis in iTunes, especially the way it's
been implemented, aren't examples we should follow.

Providing the same functionality doesn't have to, and for Rhythmbox
doesn't mean anymore, copying iTunes.

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
If Julia Roberts is going to finger-fuck herself in close-up, I'm sure