Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Enchancement Idea ccn ratings

On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 18:10 +0000, Peter wrote:
> I would like a rating-weigted random mode (where more stars means more
> likely to be played; but taking into account the total tracks for each
> rating), but that's getting complicated...

If you have the shuffle and repeat options on, it does this. In case
someone wants to know the exact formula is the following (unrated is
treated as 3):
    weight = rating * log(time since last played)

There is a bug about having a better way of choosing play orders, and
making it more descriptive (how many people would realise the above),
and a patch. The problem is that the other ways of displaying them, like
a menu, are harder to use for people used to the "shuffle" and "repeat"
toggles.

Cheers

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice."
-- Hamilcar Barca