Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Stock interface icons & gnome-settings-daemon

Em Ter, 2006-05-09 Ãs 09:00 +0530, Dominick Sidiropoulos escreveu:
Hello everyone. First of all thumbs up for offering to the community this
awesome piece of work. Rhythmbox really rocks. I'ld like to ask something about
stock icons of the interface (stock_shuffle, stock_repeat, stock_playlist,
stock_smart-playlist, stock_music-library): For those of us running rhythmbox
outside the content of the gnome-desktop (here: windowmaker) there is the need
to initialize gnome-settings-daemon first, to get these part of the interface
to appear. Would it be possible to have some standard icons for these parts of
the interface to be used as fall-backs when the gnome-settings-daemon is not
running? If this would result in code-bloat I understand (Keeping a clean
design comes first). But if you could do anything to address this it would help
a lot of people cause running gnome-settings-daemon causes all sorts of
side-effects (like changing the keyboard layout and stuff).

Sorry if this issue has already been addressed else were and thanks in advance
for you time. Keep up the good work.

--
live strong

Does it help if you create a ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file with the following line:

gtk-icon-theme-name = "gnome"

You may also want to change the default theme and font:
gtk-font-name = "Sans 10"
gtk-theme-name =  "Clearlooks"

Cheers,
Evandro