Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] uable to determine address of the message bus

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 15:33 -0400, John Russell wrote:
> (rhythmbox:31895): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: couldn't connect to session
> bus: Unable to determine the address of the message bus
>
> I get this message all the time and now that 0.9.5 has rb-client which
> uses dbus to control rb, I really need to figure it out.

That's the message when "dbus_g_bus_get (DBUS_BUS_SESSION, &error);"
returns NULL, and the second half of the message comes directly from
DBus.

> So I have both the system and session buses running.  So why is it
> that rb still can't find the message bus?

Do any other DBus-using applications report that? (e.g. dbus-viewer). If
they won't, and Rhythmbox doesn't, then something very odd is going on.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Actually, we have scientifically determined that Heisenberg did indeed
sleep exactly here. However, we have no idea whatsoever just how fast