[Rhythmbox-devel] dbus dependency kills compilation

Hi folks,

I have a question about the new dbus requirement - how can I satisfy it
without breaking my system, given that the dbus version present on
Mandriva 2006.0 is 0.28.  The problem is that several crucial components
use dbus and I don't know really how to update dbus to a later version
without potentially breaking something I really need, like my desktop.

Any ideas?

By the way, the archive for this list appears to be broken - when I go
there, I can only see June, which makes searching this list a little
difficult. Maybe it's just me?  Dunno.

I really like using rhythmbox, and I'd like to try out the new version,
so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Jan