[Fwd: Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] svg icon for rhythmbox]

2006/6/2, William Jon McCann <mccann jhu edu>:
Hi Steve,

Steve Frécinaux wrote:
> William Jon McCann wrote:
>
>>What do you think?
>

> I strongly prefer the first one since it is more specific to the
> rhythm_box_ thing, and because rhythmbox has nearly nothing to do with
> CD's: it's a MP3/Ogg library and player.

I'm not sure why you think that rhythmbox has nearly nothing to do with
CDs.  It plays them, rips them, and burns them...

I think the fact that rhythmbox has or will become the default handler
for CD audio is a compelling reason to include a CD in the logo.

While I like the blue-box-note icon I have to admit that I'm not really
a big fan of the visual pun type of icon.  See:
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/icons-design.html#icon_problems

Jon