Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] (no subject)

On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 17:38 +0100, Jean-Christophe Dubacq wrote:
> I would like to give moral support to anybody that is willing to port
> the patch for album cover art to rhythmbox 0.9.3. Tried half a day,
> but too many things have changed in RB internals (rythmdb and things)
> and I do not know enough to produce something working. However,
> congrats if this comes finally. I have a cover.jpg or 00-Cover.jpg
> file in all my album dirs, but cannot benefit from those. :(

The reason it hasn't bee done so far is that the "core" developers have
been doing other things, that they consider a higher priority, and
no-one else has stepped up to do it. One of us may find time to do it
soon, but we may not.

It's basically got to the point where redoing it (stealing code where
possible) wouldn't be much harder than updating the patch to cvs.

I have had a think about it recently, and have some ideas about a better
way to do it that will be extensible to art on ipods, in tag, etc. If
anyone does want to have a got at this, left me know and I'll let you
know my ideas on how it would work.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and
wrong. -- H. L. Mencken