Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] compiling rhythmbox

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 22:29 -0800, Matt Kowalczyk wrote:
> checking for IPOD... checking for GSTREAMER_0_8... checking for
> GSTREAMER_0_10... configure: error: GStreamer not found, or older than
> version 0.8.2/0.9.7
>
> I have gstreamer installed:
>
> $ rpm -qa | grep gstreamer
> gstreamer-0.8.11-0.gst.1.4
> gstreamer-plugins-mp3-0.8.8-0.lvn.1.4
> gstreamer-plugins-0.8.11-0.gst.1.4
> gstreamer-tools-0.8.11-0.gst.1.4
> gstreamer-devel-0.8.11-0.gst.1.4

I'm not sure what packages they are in on Fedora, but you need the
following files (usually in /usr/lib/pkgconfig):

gstreamer-0.8.pc
gstreamer-libs-0.8.pc
gstreamer-control-0.8.pc
gstreamer-gconf-0.8.pc

If you search for "gstreamer" in config.log, you should find an error
message telling you what is missing.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"....If Windows XP were the size of the Empire State Building, then the
little barking Beagle virus - the size of a small dog - can come in