Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] suggestion

On Sat, 2006-02-04 at 15:05 +0900, Jeff Co wrote:
> I suggest being able to edit file metadata (author, title, track
> number, comment, etc) within the program. As of the moment, I have to
> run EasyTag to do the editing.

Rhythmbox has /some/ support for this, but it's far from perfect. If you
are using GStreamer 0.8 and pass --enable-tag-writing to configure, then
you can edit ID3 and Flac tags, but not others (e.g. vorbis tags).

We're working on improving it, but it currently doesn't work with
GStreamer 0.10, other kinds of files and isn't enabled by default.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Every now and then, Google doesn't throw up what I need so I start
checking Altavista, Yahoo, etc. In almost every single case, I am