Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] getting latest rythymbox for my ubuntu

On Sat, 2006-02-04 at 15:17 +0900, Jeff Co wrote:
> Hello I understand that there is a debian version available of the
> latest release of rythymbox, but i hear it's not meant for ubuntu
> users. I also understand that there is  source code available at
> http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/rhythmbox/0.9/rhythmbox-0.9.3.tar.gz. So how can i install sourcecode? I'm a newbie, used to point-and-doubleclick for running things. please advise.

The latest version is already in Dapper (the development version of
Ubuntu). Assuming that you are using Breezy (5.10), probably the easiest
way to get it is to wait until the Ubuntu Backports project make a
package. The thread about it is at
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=124785.

Alternately you may find some other people that have created packages,
or you could compile it from source yourself.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Prediction is difficult, especially of the future. - Niels Bohr