[Rhythmbox-devel] Podcast subscribes, shows up in the feed browser, but fails to download shows

Hi, I've been trying to figure out why Barack Obama's podcast fails to
work with rhythmbox. The podcast URL is here:
http://obama.senate.gov/podcast/index.xml

Everything looks basically OK at a quick glance at the XML source, but
the episodes don't download and show up. I looked in my podcasts folder,
and there is not even a directory for the feed.

I used wget to get a particular episode manually:
wget http://obama.senate.gov/podcast/061115_Sen.Barack_Obama_Podcast_Senate_Democratic_Majority_42.mp3

wget told me that the content type of the mp3 file is [text/plain]. Is
this the problem, and if so, can anything be done by the user to get
around this other than trying to get the web server admin to fix the
mime mapping?

thanks,
mike
--
Michael R. Head <burner suppressingfire org>
suppressingfire.org